What types of data do we collect?
Aero collects the following types of information:
- Personal identification information, including, your name, email, and phone number;
- Advanced passenger information that we are required by the US, EU member states and other countries to collect, including your full name, date of birth, gender, nationality, and your passport or identity card number, country of issuance and date of expiry;
- Transaction and travel history, including information regarding upcoming and prior travel bookings and other services; and
- Personal preferences, including information about your likes and dislikes such as food and beverage preferences, and any information you provide to use about your travel needs.
Note that we do not store your credit card information, nor does it pass through our servers. We rely on one or more third-party vendors for this purpose.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Aero with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- book travel or other services;
- create a user account;
- complete a survey or provide other feedback;
- view our website via your browser's cookies;
- use our mobile app; and
- Interact with our concierges and other customer service providers.
We may also receive your data directly or indirectly from booking partners (including hotels, events and other service providers).
How do we use your data?
Aero collects your data so that we can:
- process your travel bookings with our affiliate operator entities, and complete required regulatory disclosures with the FAA or EASA, as applicable;
- manage and improve your travel experience (including [meals, cars?]), and any additional services you book with Aero), including updating you about upcoming or any changes to your travel plans;
- provide, maintain and improve our services, including developing new features and customer offerings;
- conduct surveys, contests and promotions; and
- perform internal operations, including preventing fraud or abuse of our services, troubleshooting software bugs and operational problems, conducting data analysis, testing and research, and monitoring and analyzing usage and activity trends.
How do we store your data?
Aero securely stores your data in Google’s Cloud Platform. The security of your data is important to use, and we therefore, use commercially reasonable technical, organizational, and administrative measures to protect against unauthorized or unlawful access or processing and against accidental loss, theft, disclosure, copying, modification and destruction, or damage. We also limit access only to those employees and authorized parties who reasonably need access to the information in order to perform their job responsibilities. In addition, if you are an EU or EEA resident, when we transfer, store, and process your personal information outside of the EU and the EEA, we have ensured that appropriate safeguards are in place to ensure an adequate level of protection to the transferred information in accordance with applicable law. Nonetheless, we cannot guarantee that transmissions of your information will always be secure or that unauthorized third parties will never be able to defeat the security measures taken by us or our third-party service providers. Except to the extent that liability cannot be excluded or limited due to applicable law, we assume no liability or responsibility for disclosure of your information due to causes beyond our control.
How long do we retain your data?
We retain your information only for as long as necessary to perform the activities described in this policy, to perform our service obligations to you, and to comply with our legal obligations. You may request at any time to have all your personal information deleted. Please note that if you request the erasure of your personal information we may retain some of your personal information as necessary for our legitimate business interests, such as fraud detection and prevention and enhancing safety, and to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
Do you use my email for marketing purposes?
We will send you emails from time to time with updates and special offers that we think you might like, but only if you affirmatively opt in to receiving such emails. If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, you may opt out at any time by contacting us or clicking here.
What are your data protection rights?
To the extent required by applicable law, we provide you with the ability to access, correct, export, delete, withdraw consent, object to the processing of, or suspend processing of, your personal information. These functions will either be available within our website and mobile app, or you can contact us to submit a request. We will respond to your request in accordance with applicable regulations and upon presentation of appropriate proof of identity. Please note that some of the information we collect is required and removal of it may render you ineligible to use our website or mobile app.
If you make such a request, we will respond as soon as reasonably practicable ,and in any event within one month, or sooner if required by applicable law. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our website, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
- keeping you signed in;
- making our website easier to use; and
- understanding how you use our website.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Required cookies: These cookies are necessary to enable the basic features of our site to function, such as allowing images to load or allowing you to select your cookie preferences.
- Functional cookies: These cookies allow us to analyze your use of the site to evaluate and improve our performance. They may also be used to provide a better customer experience on this site. For example, remembering your log-in details or providing us information about how our site is used.
- Advertising cookies: These cookies allow us to personalize and measure the effectiveness of advertising on our site and other websites. For example, we may serve you a personalized ad based on the pages you visit on our site.
Information we share with Google and Facebook
As discussed above, to help improve the performance of our site we utilize web analytics services provided by Google and Facebook, and share information with each of them on an anonymized basis as follows:
- Google. We use Google Analytics to gather information about how users engage with our site and services. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
You can opt-out of Google's collection and processing of data generated by your use of our site by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and use its settings to remove any existing cookies. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
How to contact regulatory authorities
If you feel that we have not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you have the right to report your concern to an appropriate regulatory authority.